iXware Scanning Server gives you the complete freedom to support your business processes; to make (paper) documents part of your digital workflow. iXware Scanning turns your Xerox multifunctional printer (MFP) into the on-ramp for that digital workflow and makes it truly multifunctional with the full power and functionality of the iXware solution at your disposal. Create an even more beneficial solution by combing iXware Scanning with iXware Fax Server.
- Easy to storeSimply walk up to the MFP, select the appropriate scan template from the iXware client, answer the question(s) as defined by your organization and iXware will OCR the document and archive it digitally as a text-searchable PDF document on your network or in your business application for storage and processing.
- Easy to retrieveBecause iXware stores the documents as text-searchable PDF files and other document formats, you can use Acrobat Reader or any desktop search engine to find the right document. You can search by metadata, such as the answers to the questions entered at the time of scanning, or you can search by content. A supplier name, a customer reference, an address field, an amount… anything will let you find the right document instantly.
- Easy to integrateUse iXware's open standards philosophy to integrate with any business application (ERP/CRM/DM) without a connector. iXware Scanning gets your documents to where you need them, how you need them.
- Easy to useThe user has a single interface on the MFP for scanning, faxing and emailing from the device. Email comes free with either iXware Scanning or Fax. It's intuitive. It's easy!
- Easy to configureThe iXware scanning templates provide complete freedom to support your business process. Templates are easy to create and modify. Simply create the relevant questions for the user to answer. Answers can be manually input (alpha/numeric) or selected from database tables on the Xerox device.
- Easy to expandiXware Scanning can easily be expanded with other iXware modules with one plus one equaling more than two. A few examples:
- Fax and email - Fax and/or Scanning functionality in a single solution and Xerox Extensible Interface Platform (EIP) user interface. iXware's modular structure lets you combine now or add later. iXware Scanning's OCR functionality adds value to the iXware Fax module by letting you store fax messages as text-searchable PDF files.
- XML - iXware's XML module lets you store scanned documents in business applications such as Document Management, CRM or ERP, but it also lets you generate fax messages from these applications. Use iXware to convert existing digital files on your network or in business applications to text searchable PDF documents.
- Redundancy/Failover/Load Balancing - Deploy iXware's redundancy options for mission-critical environments.